Sunday, September 17, 2006

News from Gillian Clark

After leaving Birmingham I went back to Nice, where I had done my year abroad with Sue Andrews. I worked as a "lectrice" for 2 years at the University there. I then decided to go back to the UK and got onto a course at Cranfield School of Management to do an MA in European Management. A week before I left France I met my husband-to-be. I did my year at Cranfield (an expensive year in phone calls and trips back to Nice!) and came straight back to Nice where I joined OISE, a linguistic breaks organisation. I worked in marketing for them for the south east of France. I married in 1995, stopped working and became a full-time mum for our two boys: Christopher (9) and Alexandre (7). In 2001 I took the CAPES and now work part-time teaching in a "collège" in Cagnes sur Mer, a seaside town just west of Nice. I'd love to hear from anyone who can remember me. I'll do my best to be at the next reunion. Bye for now Gillian (Clark) Del Lungo.

(Note from Hazel: Gillian got in contact on September 7th 2006. She was sorry to have missed the reunion this time around but, as can be seen from her news, she plans to be there in 2016.)