Thursday, July 13, 2006

News from Howard Johnson

Sorry if you don't remember me. My attendance record at Birmingham was useless, being more interested in wearing ridiculously tight trousers and writing for the music press at the time. Still, I did end up in publishing, editing a number of music and sports mags for years before getting mixed up in the totally bizarre Internet gold rush running a bunch of sports websites. When we got the ache with life in England my wife and I packed up our two lads and scarpered to the South of France at the start of 2005. A better skin colour and working from home here as as editor of the English Rugby Union's official mag definitely agrees with me. God bless the Internet! I hope the reunion goes well and you all have fun. Sorry I couldn't make it. If there's another one in 10 years it would be great to catch up - though by then I might be too old and infirm to travel...

The picture above is of Howard with his sons. The one below is of Howard, his wife, son number 2, his mother-in-law, his nephew and son number 1.