Tuesday, July 11, 2006

News from Steve Hawkins

I hope you all enjoy the get together at the weekend. I expect some of this was shared before (ten years ago!), but - briefly - I have lived in Herts/Essex pretty much most of the time since University. After a brief, illustrious career with Pizza Hut, (I know, you could weep with pride), I then spent eleven years with Norwich Union Life Insurance. In 1998 I was made redundant and re-trained as a teacher in English as a Second Language, which I thoroughly enjoy. I work in Walthamstow, meeting students from all over the globe. Outside work I am part of a wonderful church in Welwyn Garden City. I've been abroad ("I'm on a mission from God" - Blues Brothers) to western and eastern Europe, and made a CD of my own songs in 2003. There's much more to come! :-) Currently I rent a house in Cheshunt but wonder for how long... For any of you who remember me - hello and a hug - enjoy the day!

STOP PRESS - WEDNESDAY 12TH JULY: Steve is now actually able to make it on Saturday. He has taken the place of someone who has been obliged to drop out, so we'll be able to chat to him in person about his news.