Thursday, July 06, 2006

News from Jennifer Westwood

Hi! I really wanted to be there on the 15th but am on the same contract in Germany Bayreuther Festspiele) as 10 years ago and can't get the day off. Such is the lot of a freelance opera singer! I have just been working in Toulouse for a month, so had the chance to speak (and eat!) French, so I can't complain. I've spent the rest of the year singing in the ensemble at The Royal Opera, Covent Garden, and will be back there in the autumn for Carmen…more French! While we were all at Brum I was also a part-time singing student at the Conservatoire, and from 1990 to 1993 trained full-time at the Royal Northern College of Music. I'm in the ideal job for me - music, languages, dance, travel and dressing up - and couldn't imagine another way of life. Anyway, it's better than working for a living!! Home is Sheffield with my husband Martin, a musician, and our 2-year old William. I love being a mummy, but sometimes I have to go to bed very early!

I hope you all have a brilliant time in Brum. I would love to hear from anyone. Do any of you live in London, South Yorks or Derbyshire?


Lots of love
Jennifer xx