Thursday, July 13, 2006

News from Claire Sussman

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy the reunion. I am based in Chester, which is a beautiful city, near the North Wales rivers and mountains. I have been working in Liverpool for the past 2-3 years as an IT Lecturer in an FE College. After University, I kept my languages in trim by working as a camp site courier in France and Germany, and then as a ski rep in Switzerland and Austria. After a spell in publishing at Faber & Faber, I went to Leeds to study for a postgrad in Information Science. I got a job in London, but rejected it in favour of following my childhood dream and teaching outdoor pursuits: taking people climbing, caving and canoeing all over the Yorkshire Dales, to the Lake District, Lancashire and Wales. Ten years later, I finally decided I needed a change, (and a rest!), and switched to teaching IT! Zoe and I still keep in touch, and have had many mountaineering and climbing adventures in Britain and the Alps. I'm also a whitewater kayaker and I recently went on a canoeing trip to the French Alps. I also coach kayaking in Chester and North Wales.